I think that was kind of Mattel and smart for them to think of people of all income levels. Good marketing strategy on their part too. Now on to the figures themselves. First up is AJ Lee.
As for her accessories, the majority of them are removable unless you take a pair of scissors and cut them loose. AJ comes with two knee pads, two wrist bracelets and one necklace.She is nicely detailed with painted black fingernails and pink lipstick. And she looks to be ready to do battle with her open fists. Plus I love her shoes and her green checkered outfit.
Now on to Kaitlyn . I think the figure is pretty cool, and her hair may play tricks on your eyes, although I mean this in a good way. In dim lighting, the streaks in her blond hair look black. But once I placed her under a bright LED flashlight the streaks look dark brown instead of black. See if you can notice the differences in the following pics. The full body shot was taken without the LED flashlight but the up close pic was taken with the extra light.
(1) ARTICULATION - Even though Kaitlyn is packaged with the Basic line figures, she has the same articulation as Elite figures. Basically every joint is movable on both of these figures, with the exception of an ab crunch and limited up and down head movement due to the sculptured hair.
(2) STANDABILITY - There are no balance issues with either of these figures.
(3) WHAT DO I LIKE BEST ABOUT THESE FIGURES ? For AJ- her jewelry and brand new legs. For Kaitlyn- her hair, green eyes, and her leather and vest outfit.
(4) WHAT DO I LIKE LEAST ABOUT THESE FIGURES ? Limited head movement. No ab crunch on either figure.
(5) WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN DONE TO IMPROVE THESE FIGURES ? Softer hair for better head movement. The female figures deserve an ab crunch just like the elite male figures.
(6) GRADING SCALE - On a scale of 1-10 I give both of these figures a 9.0. Both are still cool even without the ab crunch. However with an ab crunch along with softer hair would have raised the score to a perfect 10.
(7) FINAL ANALYSIS - Overall I am pleased with both of these action figures of AJ Lee and Kaitlyn. Also if you look closely at Kaitlyn's arms, they just like AJ's legs seem pretty muscular. Compared to the previous WWE female figures. I even noticed what look like veins on Kaitlyn's right shoulder. Excellent attention to detail by Mattel. I definitely recommend you add these two divas to your WWE Divas collection.