Translate

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Mortal Kombat Deception Baraka figure by Jazwares

I can't remember where I purchased this Baraka figure from but I've had it for a while now. He is in the 6" scale, made of very hard plastic, and is very well articulated, except that his head might pop off if you pull it too far back but you can easily put it back on. As you can see in the pics, the sword tip is chipped off a little bit, but don't worry. This is just "my Baraka action figure" and not all of them. I don't know or recall how this happened but it ticked me off when I saw that chipped up sword attachment. Instead of buying another Baraka I just stuck with the one I already have. Also you have the options of inserting the blades into his arm sockets or not if you want.Other than the disappointment of the right blade chipping I am pleased with the figure itself.

The swords/blades are kind of soft and almost rubbery. I too was hoping that they were made out of very hard plastic but Jazwares did the right thing making the swords softer for children collectors, even if it disappoints us adult collectors. You got to give credit to Jazwares, safety first. Although the swords/blades are not super soft, they do have some hardness to them, just maybe not hard enough.As you can see on the back of the packaging Scorpian,Sub-Zero, and Raiden were also available in this wave. 
One of the things I like best about Baraka is that you can display him in a huge variety of fight poses. As the following pics illustrate.




To see more of Baraka facing this female character named Kabuki, you can visit Action Figure Imagery . The pics are in the Fight Gallery fight# 17. As you can see he can be displayed in stabbing poses, lunging forward poses, swinging/slashing poses, etc. 
FINAL  THOUGHTS
(1) ARTICULATION - The figure is very well articulated and you can easily tell just by seeing all the ball joints in the pics. No up and down movement for the head.
(2) STANDABILITY - You may have to bend his knees just a little to get him to stand properly without falling. I had to bend my figure's knees just a little.
(3) WHAT I LIKE BEST ABOUT BARAKA? The variety of fight poses he can be displayed in thanks to the excellent articulation. 
(4) WHAT I LIKE LEAST ABOUT BARAKA? The swords not being made out of hard enough plastic and the head movement is almost restricted with the exception of left/right movement.
(5) WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN DONE TO MAKE BARAKA BETTER ? Harder swords. Even though I've decided to cope with it I still don't like my figure's right blade being chipped. 
(6) GRADING SCALE - On a scale of 1-10 I give Baraka an 8.9. The minuses are for the swords being somewhat brittle and the limited head movement. Other than these flaws he is an excellent figure.
(7) FINAL ANALYSIS - Overall Baraka is a nice addition to add to your video game villain collection. If you love to pose figures in fight poses or battle stances, then Baraka fits this description perfectly. A very neat figure for a very popular video game franchise.

No comments:

Post a Comment