Translate

Friday, June 3, 2016

Ghostbusters - Patty Tolan Review !!!

The NEW FEMALE Ghostbusters are here, and my first figure of this franchise/series is Patty Tolan , played by actress and comedian Leslie Jones . I'm also a fan of Saturday Night Live, and since Leslie Jones is a regular cast member, purchasing the Patty Tolan action figure was an easy choice. I purchased this figure at a local Walmart priced at $ 19.99 . I was excited about these female Ghostbuster figures when I first heard about them, so finally owning one is a nice luxury .





As for the packaging, I love the bright green vivid colors . Now let's have a look at Patty Tolan out of the packaging .






I'm assuming the picture of Patty on the back of the packaging is a prototype. The reason I say this is because on the packaging the lipstick is a bright red , whereas the actual figure's lips are more of a brownish orange look , which matches the orange in her outfit . I like the look of the actual figure better than the pic by the way . My only complaint about this figure is that the head articulation only consists of left and right movement . There is no up and down head movement . However I am not bothered by this because the rest of the figure is really cool . I love how her hair is very detailed with the braids , along with the tinted brown braids. The uniform looks great . Most of all, I am glad that Tolan is exactly six inches tall , and the reason why is because Leslie Jones is six feet tall , as I googled her and discovered her height . This is important to me because I love it when action figures that represent real people are in scale height wise with the person . For example, a six foot tall person needs a six inch figure of themselves, a seven footer with a seven inch figure , etc .  All of the figures come with the background of green slime that you see above . Now let's have a look at the backpack .

Nothing new here however, as the women are wearing the same gear that Egon and the guys wore . Still a great job by Mattel with the details, the colored buttons along with the circuitry on the gun . If you want to remove the backpack, you can however I would not recommend doing this, because it looks like it will be a struggle to put back on . I'm leaving the backpacks on all of my figures, once I purchase them all that is . Even better Tolan's backpack does NOT make her top heavy , probably because she is somewhat of a big lady , in a good way of course .
As for the build a figure , Patty Tolan comes with the head of the character known as Rowan .
I never thought I would see the day when the Ghostbusters logo would become an actual character , but that's exactly what this character is . He is the same ghost seen in the logo . Now for a comparison shot , to see if the Patty Tolan figure looks like Leslie Jones or similar to her.
( NOTE ) The pic from the movie does NOT belong to me . It is a pic from the web to be used as a reference . In my opinion , I think it sort of resembles Leslie and sort of does not . It looks like Mattel got the  nose, dimples, and hair done correctly . However the shape of the face/head appears slightly different . It looks as if Leslie's face is just a tad bit rounder than the figure's . It would also be nice if Mattel included the ear rings and necklace that Lesle is wearing onto the figure . However since there are always deadlines to beat they probably did not have the free time to add these extra features .
                                                      FINAL    THOUGHTS
( 1 ) ARTICULATION -  Starting with UPPER BODY - from head to waistline . Head moves left and right. No up and down movement. Arms move outwards , up and down . Shoulders bend and rotate. Elbows bend and rotate . Both wrists rotate .Waistline swivels, turns. No ab crunch. LOWER BODY - Legs move outward, up and down .Lower thighs swivel and rotate. Knees bend . Ankles bend .


( 2 ) STANDING  ABILITY - She stands really well with no balance issues. The backpack does not make her top heavy .


( 3 ) WHAT  I  LIKE  BEST  ABOUT  THIS  FIGURE ? - Since I am a fan of Saturday Night Live , having a likeness of Leslie Jones as an action figure is a nice luxury . I also like the fact that the figure is in scale height wise with the real life person .


( 4 ) WHAT  I  LIKE  LEAST  ABOUT  THIS  FIGURE ? There is nothing that I dislike about this figure .


( 5 ) WHAT  COULD  HAVE  BEEN  DONE  TO  IMPROVE  THE  FIGURE ? - Include up and down head movement .


( 6 ) GRADING  SCALE - Not having up and down head movement as I mentioned earlier is my only gripe , however I am NOT bothered by this issue. Therefore she gets a Perfect Ten .


( 7 ) FINAL  ANALYSIS - One of the best reasons of owning this figure is that you do not have to be a fan of Ghostbusters to own a Patty Tolan figure . Since Leslie along with Kate Mckinnon are Saturday Night Live regulars, just being a fan of SNL may be enough motivation to make you want to purchase these figures . Or you can just be an action figure fan to love these figures, not being a fan of either SNL or Ghostbusters .

No comments:

Post a Comment