Translate

Sunday, August 7, 2016

Marvel Legends Civil War Series- Black Panther Review !!!

I purchased this figure of Black Panther at a local Walmart for around the 19.99 price range. Since I already own the Toybiz version of the Black Panther , the main reasons for going after this version were to get the unmasked head and the build-a-figure piece. If not for those two accessories I probably would have passed on buying this particular BP ( Black Panther ) figure , since I already owned one.



As you can see this version is based on the movie - Captain America Civil War . The unmasked T'Challa head has the likeness of actor Chadwick Boseman . Although not the first Black Panther Marvel Legend figure, this is the first Black Panther figure that comes with an unmasked head of T'Challa .Now for a better look at the figure itself . As for accessories, as you can see BP comes with the left leg of the Ant-Man Build-a-figure .



This figure is fun to display no matter what head you use in my opinion . Like many fans, you can pretend that the masked head is just the mask itself, as T'Challa holds it in his grasp with his unmasked face displayed , as seen in the above pic . I love how his hands are sculpted for attacking , perfect for his clawing and scratching poses, along with climbing. I also love how the movie people stayed true to the original comic book look , making a fantastic looking toy in the process. I think I like this Black Panther better than I do the old Toybiz version . Speaking of the Toybiz version, have a look at some comparison shots below .


The only positives in my opinion that the Toybiz Black Panther has over this newer one are the cape and the wrist gauntlets. The gold paint on the old one is nice to have however the costume on the newer BP is more detailed. Other than that I like this newer Hasbro version better because of the extra unmasked head and overall look. The eyes can be seen better on the Hasbro version , plus I like how the eyes on the current version seem to almost glow somewhat . ( NOTE ) I do not have the previous Hasbro Black Panther for comparisons .
                                                       FINAL   THOUGHTS 

( 1 ) ARTICULATION - I am pleased to announce that the ball jointed neck feature is back. BP can look in all directions and his head can easily move up and down . Arms move up, down, and outward. Biceps and wrists rotate. Ball jointed wrists. Ab crunch. Upper thigh swivel, knees and ankles bend. Legs move up,down , and outward.

(2) STANDING  ABILITY - The figure stands very well with no balance issues.

(3) WHAT  I  LIKE  BEST  ABOUT  THIS  FIGURE ? - The extra head, the likeness to the actor Chadwick Boseman and the overall design of the costume. I love lines on the costume, I think it looks very decorative, very cool looking. The costume itself is a nice work of geometric art .

( 4 ) WHAT  I  LIKE  LEAST  ABOUT  THIS  FIGURE ? -There is nothing that I dislike about this figure .

(5) WHAT  COULD  HAVE  BEEN  DONE  TO  IMPROVE  THE  FIGURE ? Nothing I think the figure is perfect.

(6) GRADING  SCALE - Definitely a Perfect 10. I could find no flaws .

( 7 ) FINAL  ANALYSIS - If there's anything to complain about this figure, however it may really not be a complaint , is trying to decide what head to display him with . The masked head or unmasked one ? To solve this situation , buying two of these Black Panthers may help. Display one with the masked head and the other with the unmasked one. The drawback to this however is spending the extra money on the same figure. If you insist on having two, my advice would be to purchase the second BP as a used figure from sites such as Ebay or Amazon, because used figures cost less than unopened ones . Overall , it's a great luxury to finally own an unmasked T'Challa.

No comments:

Post a Comment