Translate

Monday, December 19, 2016

MARVEL LEGENDS - Jackal Review !!!

The Jackal is another Spider-Man villain that many may not be aware of . He is an old Spidey baddie created by Marvel in the 1960s, and this is his first time as a Marvel Legend . I purchased this figure of the Jackal for around $ 19.99 at a local Walgreens.




Just like the Lizard , the Jackal is also a college professor known as Miles Warren . Even though the packaging only mentions his name and not his profession, you will have to go to Wikipedia to get more detailed biographical information on this character. I like the old lengthy bios on the card backs better than these current short bios.Now for a look at the figure out of the packaging .





This is a very cool figure. One of the BEST Marvel Legends in a while. I'm not crazy about the Jackal as a character, but his action figure is awesome !!!Look at how detailed the fur is all over his body. Notice the black wash on his chest and midsection, giving an illusion of either different colored hairs or shading. The expression on his face is perfect for a villain, Plus the non pupil eyes give him a very sinister look . As you can see the Jackal comes with the right leg of this series build-a-figure , Sandman . Also I love the Jackal's clawed hands and the way they are displayed. His hands look as if they can be used for scratching, tearing, climbing , holding and grabbing poses. They can also be used for a victory or triumph pose. Need an example? See the pic below.
If you could caption the above pic, what would you have the Jackal say? Myself, I'm thinking maybe something like this- " At last Spider-Man, I have triumphed . I am victorious " . I just love the multiple display options that can be used with his clawed hands.
                                                               FINAL  THOUGHTS 

(1) PLAY ABILITY  FACTOR  FOR  KIDS - Little kids will love this figure I think because of his sharp clawed hands. I do not recommend this figure for toddlers such as 4 years old and under though, because Jackal's head can easily come off when making him look upward. However it can also be put easily back on . However be safe we do NOT want the little ones putting his head in their mouths.

(2) ARTICULATION - Excellent all around articulation. Perfect . No limitations.

(3) STANDING  ABILITY - The figure stands well with no balance issues .

(4) WHAT  I  LIKE  BEST  ABOUT  THIS  FIGURE ? - The luxury of adding a first time in the line Spidey villain to the collection. His facial expression and his big pointy ears. The clawed hands and the luxury of displaying them in multiple ways, such as climbing and fighting poses. Plus the Jackal I think is also an entirely new body sculpt/ mold . No reused parts from other figures.

(5) WHAT  I  LIKE  LEAST  ABOUT  THIS  FIGURE ? - There is nothing that I dislike about this figure .

(6) WHAT  COULD  HAVE  BEEN  DONE  TO  IMPROVE  THIS  FIGURE ? - Nothing he is perfect as is .

(7) GRADING  SCALE  - A PERFECT 10 I see no flaws in this figure .

(8) FINAL  ANALYSIS - This wave has arrived in the stores very fast. I remember looking at the Jackal and the other figures in this wave online not too long ago on sites such as Toynewsi.com, etc . I thought to myself that maybe the stores will have this wave next year in 2017, however they are here now.

No comments:

Post a Comment