Translate

Monday, July 29, 2019

Destiny Vanguard Mentor Zavala Review !!!

This figure of Zavala is based on the video game franchise known as Destiny . Although I am not familiar with the franchise or this character, I purchased this figure anyway because I like collecting six inch scale figures even if I do not know the character . When I purchase figures in a situation that I do not know the character, the reasons will be either the figure is very cool looking or I like the accessories, or both . I purchased this figure of Zavala at a local GameStop at a discounted price for around thirteen or fourteen dollars and change .



 As you can see on the back of the packaging , the toy maker is McFarlane toys and the video game maker is a company known as Bungie .
 Even though the workers at this GameStop did not remove or update the $ 19.99 price tag , I was still able to buy this figure at a discounted price as previously mentioned .
 Overall I think Zavala is a very cool looking figure . Looks like his whole body is heavily armored and very well protected with the exception of his entire head . He also reminds me of a famous villain character from another franchise . A customizer could easily transform Zavala into Mr. Freeze of Bat-Man fame . He reminds me so much of Mr. Freeze that all he needs are the black rimmed glasses with the red pupils, and the clear helmet over his head than all of a sudden there's the complete look of Mr. Freeze .
 Close up of Zavala's face . It's also a unique look for someone's eyes to be the same color as their skin . Although two different shades of blue, Zavala's blue eyes blend in nicely with his blue skin .
 As you can see Zavala stands right at six inches tall .
 Left side view plus an interesting design for the attire. The shield attached to the shoulder is perfect for protecting his head against enemy attacks, but what about the right side ? One would think that he would have the shields onto both of his shoulders, not just one, for maximum head protection. This is why I find this design odd to say the least . Cool looking but odd .


 I really like the look of Zavala's rifle .
The figure stand Zavala comes with .
 Zavala fits in really well with figures from other six inch scaled lines . Here he is next to a Marvel Legends Forge .
The above piece of paper comes packaged with the figure. Below is the other side of the sheet .
          Above is a description of a redemption code for an in game item . The website for the item if you're having difficulty seeing the URL it is http://bungie.net/redeem
                                                      FINAL   THOUGHTS 

( 1 ) ARTICULATION   LIMITS  -  No upward head movement . Can look down just a little.

( 2 )  STANDING  ABILITY  - He stands really well once positioned properly onto hard surfaces. No need for the figure stand .

( 3 ) WHAT  I  LIKE  BEST  ABOUT  THIS  FIGURE  ? - I really love the look of the shield on his left shoulder pad . His battle armor is nicely decorated and I think his rifle is really cool looking .

( 4 )  WHAT  I  LIKE  LEAST  ABOUT  THIS  FIGURE ? - No dislikes .

( 5 )  WHAT  COULD  HAVE  BEEN  DONE  TO  IMPROVE  THE  FIGURE ? -  Add upward head movement. Improve downward head movement .

( 6 ) GRADING  SCALE  - Even though I'm not overly crazy about this action figure, I give Zavala a Perfect 10 only because I could find no flaws that bother me.

( 7 )  FINAL  ANALYSIS  -  It's great to see six inch scaled figures from a company mostly known for seven inch scaled figures . Hopefully the trend will continue .

No comments:

Post a Comment