Translate

Tuesday, September 10, 2019

MARVEL LEGENDS - Caliban Build-A-Figure Review !!!

I think that this is my first time ever reviewing a build-a-figure . It's because I rarely get a chance to complete a build-a-figure . Caliban is the first ( BAF ) build-a-figure I have completed in a long time , from any toy line . I do not know much about the character other than that he is a part of the X-Men franchise .However I think the figure is super cool once you complete him . I purchased every figure needed to complete him except for the Beast . I purchased Caliban's head all by its lonesome from a seller on E-bay .
 In my opinion , Caliban looks much cooler and bigger in person than he does on most internet pictures . I like the fact that you can rotate his hands to display fighting attacks such as scratching and tearing . His hands are also big enough to hold a few small bodied Marvel Legends in his grasp . Caliban is a big, bulky figure that is fun to hold in your hands . The grey cuffs around his wrists also rotate and he has no hindered articulation . Excellent all around articulation on this figure .
 A look above at what you need to complete Caliban . As you can see Gambit is the only figure you do not have to buy to complete Caliban . As for the rest - with (1) Beast - you get Caliban's head . (2) With Weapon X Wolverine you get Caliban's right leg . (3)With Forge - you get Caliban's left arm . (4) With Blink you get Caliban's left leg . ( 5) With Jubilee you get Caliban's torso . (6) Finally with Skull Buster you get Caliban's right arm . 
 Up close look at Caliban's face . I love the expression , he looks very angry / ticked off . Those glowing yellow pupil less eyes look as if they are filled with rage . Almost as angry looking as any Incredible Hulk figure , if not angrier . Looks like he has very sharp teeth too however his teeth are not as sharp as his razor sharp finger nails . Also nice paint job with the dark grey wash on the face .
 Above one of my attempts of displaying Caliban in an attack pose .
 He is much taller than I thought he was . When I viewed Caliban on internet websites , I assumed he was close to seven inches tall . Now that I have the actual figure we see that he is way past seven inches tall, almost eight inches tall to be exact . Well on the other hand I should not be too shocked that he is so tall, since he is a build-a-figure after all . Rhyme not intended it just came naturally . LOL -  ( Laugh Out Loud ) .
Caliban next to two other good sized Marvel Legends , the 80th Anniversary Thor figure along with Bull Dozer of the Wrecking Crew .
                                            FINAL  THOUGHTS 

( 1)  ARTICULATION  LIMITS - No limits .

(2) STANDING  ABILITY  - Caliban stands very well with no balance issues .

(3) WHAT  I  LIKE  BEST  ABOUT  THIS  FIGURE  ? -- Rotating his hands to display the act of tearing or shredding things . Plus big Hulk sized figures are always fun to own .

(4) WHAT  I  LIKE  LEAST  ABOUT  THIS  FIGURE  ? - No dislikes .

(5) WHAT  COULD  HAVE  BEEN  DONE  TO  IMPROVE  THIS  FIGURE ? -  No improvements needed .

(6) GRADING  SCALE  -  A Perfect 10 could find no flaws .

( 7 ) FINAL  ANALYSIS  -  As previously mentioned , this is my first " completed" build-a-figure in a long time . So long in fact that I don't even remember the last BAF I completed . Caliban is definitely worth completing .

No comments:

Post a Comment