Translate

Monday, August 24, 2015

Marvel Legends Ant-man Infinite Series - BULLDOZER REVIEW !!!

After all of these years, since 2013 I think, us Marvel Legend fans have been waiting on Bulldozer . The rest of The Wrecking Crew arrived way before he did . Now Bulldozer is finally here. After adding taxes, this figure cost me around 22 dollars at a local Target store . Plus I was glad that I was able to find Bulldozer in person. For a moment I was thinking that I might had to go to the internet to get him . I got lucky that this was the only Bulldozer figure left when I arrived. It was almost if the figure was there just waiting on me, lol .Bulldozer's addition to the Marvel Legends line completes The Wrecking Crew .




 This was one Marvel Legend I was actually excited to get in quite a while. Most others I was glad to get them but not excited . The thought of completing The Wrecking Crew is what got me excited about Bulldozer. However there is still one member that has eluded me that I still do not have but will one day. More on that later . As you can see Bulldozer is part of the Ultron build-a-figure series . Now for a look at the figure out of the packaging .




This guy is already one of my favorite Marvel Legend figures . Even though I just purchased him a few days before writing this review. The only thing that bothered me a little when I first got him is that the mask / helmet is sculpted onto his face . You can not remove it or wiggle it around his face. However the figure is so cool that this gripe can easily be overlooked . There was also an issue with some top heaviness when I removed him from the packaging . The weight of his armor made him a little top heavy . The good news is that you can eliminate the top heaviness once you adjust his legs / stance at a certain angle. Once you do that, no more top heaviness and he stands well . The armor is not sculpted on and can be moved around. His belt can be moved around also. ( NOTE ) If you want to rotate Bulldozer's hands , you must do so by touching and rotating his wrist cuffs , and not his bare hands . As for accessories , Bulldozer comes with the left arm of this series build-a-figure , Ultron .
This left arm by the way, for those of you whom may not know, belongs to the movie Ultron from The Avengers-Age of Ultron movie, and not the comic book version . Now let's have a look at Bulldozer standing next to a couple of his buddies .
Thunderball is missing because sadly I do not have him at the time of this writing . One day I will get him though .I always had the money to get him, it was just me being unlucky that every time I went to the stores looking for him , he's not there . Now I realize that I must purchase him from the internet, however I am waiting on some nice prices. I want to purchase Thunderball carded , not loose . At the time of me writing this , prices on E-bay are as high as in the fifties up to the seventies . If the prices do not get any better , I'll just go ahead and bite the dust and pay whatever for Thunderball , because I really want to complete The Wrecking Crew . I reviewed The Wrecker last year back in January 2014 . If you missed my review of The Wrecker , you can read it by clicking here http://actionfigureimagerytoyreviews.blogspot.com/2014/01/marvel-legends-rocket-raccoon-series_15.html . I did not review Piledriver . After looking closely at these figures side by side , comparing them , I think I know why Bulldozer was delayed . The pic below may give us all an idea why .
The above comparison pic may explain Bulldozer's delay . It looks as if Bulldozer shares body parts with his buddies , except for the hands and wrists. The other three Wrecking Crew Members are wearing gloves , whereas Bulldozer is not . Plus his left hand is a closed fist whereas his buddies have an open left fist . It takes time for toy companies to make changes to a figure, so this situation may explain Bulldozer's delay . Another noticeable feature about Bulldozer are his eyes.
The reason I think his eyes are noteworthy is because in normal light it looks as if they can barely be seen . However when Bulldozer is placed under bright light you can see what looks like pupils. I think it would have been better if his eyes were painted white , because sometimes in dim light it looks as if he has no eyes at all.

                                                           FINAL   THOUGHTS 

( 1 ) ARTICULATION -  Excellent all around articulation . As I mentioned earlier , to turn his wrists you must rotate them at the cuffs.

( 2 ) STANDING  ABILITY - Stands well once you twist his upper thighs around for proper balance . As already mentioned , he is a little top heavy when you first remove him out of the packaging, due to the armor . But the top heaviness is eliminated once the legs are adjusted properly .

( 3 ) WHAT  I  LIKE  BEST  ABOUT  THIS  FIGURE ? His addition to the line completes The Wrecking Crew , the armor , the helmet , overall cool looking figure and he is fun to hold and pose in your hands . I also love that one hand is a complete closed fist and the other is an open fist .

( 4 ) WHAT  I  LIKE  LEAST  ABOUT  THIS  FIGURE ? There is nothing that I dislike about this figure .

( 5 ) WHAT  COULD  HAVE  BEEN  DONE  TO  IMPROVE  THE  FIGURE ? Make his mask / helmet removable . However I am now fine with it being sculpted onto his face .

( 6 ) GRADING  SCALE  - A PERFECT TEN !!!! A flawless action figure in my opinion .

( 7 ) FINAL  ANALYSIS - I along with many other Marvel Legend fans wanted this guy two years ago when his buddies came out in 2013 . However , we also all know that classic old saying " better late than never " . This old statement definitely applies to this Bulldozer figure . Quoting another old classic statement , this action figure was " well worth the wait " .

2 comments: