Translate

Tuesday, December 18, 2018

DC MULTIVERSE - Spoiler Review !!!

Here's another character from the world of BatMan and Gotham City . Spoiler's real name is Stephanie Brown and here's a link to her Wikipedia profile - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephanie_Brown_(comics). I purchased this figure of Spoiler at a local Walmart for a discounted price of around $ 17 .99 .




I love the newly colored blue packaging used for the DC Multiverse figures . When I first saw the new blue packaging I thought it was only meant to be used with the Aqua-Man movie figures, since blue is a color that represents water . However it looks like that this will be the color used for all of the packaging, not just for Aqua-Man . If you are having difficulty seeing the bio it says " Recruited by Batwoman into boot camp, the violet vindicator joins forces with the top heroes in Gotham City ".
As you can see Spoiler only comes with her weapon and the head of the Collect N Connect Lex Luthor .

I have not been reading DC comics as of late and I did not know that the above image is Lex Luthor until I read the back of the packaging , as you can see Spoiler comes with his head as he is this series Collect N Connect .
Spoiler is a very cool figure however I think she is so much cooler with her nunchucks than she is without . See why in the some of the pics below as I back up my claim . The cape is made of a soft rubbery plastic and is light weight with no top heaviness to it .
The nunchuck sticks are made of a solid plastic and the nunchuck chains are of a softer plastic. The sticks seem to be harder than the chains which is the way it should be .
Despite half her face being covered , you can still see the details in her eyes .

I love Spoiler's nunchucks. Plus I love the fact that they are not just ordinary nunchucks, but are triple nunchucks . Plus look at the long range of attack the weapon has . An opponent can be a good distance from her and still get struck and hit . The nunchucks in my opinion actually makes Spoiler a very fun figure to own .
As you can see she stands a little under six inches tall, which is great being a teenage character .
It looks like Mattel got the height correct this time, because the last teenage based character was a little too tall, that being the latest Wonder Girl figure which I reviewed on this site . If you missed that review here's a link to it as Wonder Girl is reviewed among other figures - https://actionfigureimagerytoyreviews.blogspot.com/2018/06/dc-comics-multiverse-wonder-woman.html .  The height scales  are perfect as Spoiler stands next to a DC Universe Classics Aqua-Man .
                                               FINAL   THOUGHTS   

( 1 )  ARTICULATION  LIMITS  - Only upper head movement is limited .

( 2 ) STANDING  ABILITY  - Spoiler stands well once she is properly positioned .

( 3 ) WHAT  I  LIKE  BEST  ABOUT  THIS  FIGURE  ? -  First of all I love the fact that Mattel got the height correct, because she is a teenage based character . Second I love her weapon , the nun-chucks . It's fun to pose her with it rather with one hand or holding it with two. Plus I like the long range of attack, you can really display her in some very cool fight poses .

( 4 )  WHAT  I  LIKE  LEAST  ABOUT  THIS  FIGURE ? -  There are no dislikes .

( 5 ) WHAT  COULD  HAVE  BEEN  DONE  TO  IMPROVE  THE  FIGURE  ? - A extra unmasked head would have been a nice bonus but I can't complain . Some collectors may say that the nunchuck chains should have been real metal . However in this case real metal is not needed . The bendy plastic is great as long as the flash from your camera gives it that shine, making it look like real metal . Plus if the chains were actual metal you would not be able to use those fantastic fight poses I mentioned earlier .

( 6 ) GRADING  SCALE - A Perfect 10 I could find no flaws .

( 7 ) FINAL  ANALYSIS  -   It's great to finally have Spoiler as she is a " first time in the line " figure .

No comments:

Post a Comment