Translate

Monday, June 29, 2015

Marvel Legends : Infinite Spider-Man Series -Spider-Man2099 Review !!!

I purchased this version of Spider-Man at a local Walmart for around $ 19.97 . This version of Spider-man is also NOT Peter Parker . The secret identity of Spider-Man2099 is a man either named Miguel O Hara or Miguel O Shea . Someone made an error, either Wikipedia or Hasbro. Because on Wikipedia he is referred to as Miguel O Hara . On the back of the packaging of this year's figure he is referred to as Miguel O Shea . One thing we definitely know, is that his first name is definitely Miguel . This is my first figure of this character ever, I never had the old Toybiz version of this exact same character . I'm not sure if I really want the Toybiz version or not . Maybe one day I'll purchase that version, but not anytime soon .


As you can see Spider-Man2099 comes with some build a figure Hobgoblin pieces . ( NOTE ) From now till the rest of this article , I will refer to Spider-Man2099 as SM2099 . Below is a look at all of the accessories that he comes with , the build-a-figure pieces and a web piece .

As you can see SM2099 comes with the Phil Ulrich Hobgoblin's right arm and his fiery blazing sword . Notice that the webbing is almost invisible in the packaging . I did not even knew it was there until I removed SM2099 out of the packaging . The webbing is barely noticeable , unlike the Hobgoblin accessories which one can clearly see . Speaking of the webbing , it fits into a small hole in SM2099's upper back . Once inserted the webbing can be rotated in all directions . However when you rotate it up, right or left it feels like it might pop right out sometimes. I think it was meant to be posed on him in a downward position as shown below .

Also, unlike the original Spider-Man , if you pay close attention to SM2099's hands you'll notice that he does not have regular fingers. He has talons on his fingers, as stated in his Wikipedia profile . As you can see this feature is also very prominent in the figure too in the pic below .
This version of SM2099 is also a darker shade of blue than the original Toybiz version . Even though I do not own the Toybiz version , here is a pic from the internet of the Toybiz figure, from the Spider-Man Classics Toybiz line .
I now wish I had the Toybiz version so I could make comparison shots to the Hasbro version . Below is a pic where you can see how tall this current version is .
Even though he looks a little shorter than six inches in the pic , he is exactly right at six inches tall . The angle of my camera makes him appear to be a tad shorter .
                                                             FINAL  THOUGHTS 
( 1 ) ARTICULATION - Excellent . And just like the original Spidey figure of this same series , he has the rolling shoulder blades.

( 2 ) STANDING  ABILITY - Stands very well because he is flat footed . Stands better than a lot of figures because his feet are so flat . No arches or heels to disrupt balance .

( 3 ) WHAT  I  LIKE  BEST  ABOUT  THIS  FIGURE ? The webbing . It is soft and rubbery and looks cool on him . The hole in his upper back also allows flight or aerial poses if you own some flight stands. I also love the way his hands are displayed, looking as if they could either be in a attacking or crawling position .Spidey2099 also has holes at the bottom of his feet, perfect for figure stands and multiple display options .


( 4 ) WHAT  I  LIKE  LEAST  ABOUT  THIS  FIGURE ? There is nothing that I dislike about this figure .

( 5 ) WHAT  COULD  HAVE  BEEN  DONE  TO  IMPROVE  THE  FIGURE ? Nothing that I can think of at the moment , except maybe an unmasked extra head would have been nice .

( 6 ) GRADING  SCALE - On a scale of one to ten I give Spidey2099 a Perfect Ten . I could find no flaws.

( 7 ) FINAL  ANALYSIS - Even though I gave this figure a perfect ten score, I am not a huge fan of the character . I have never read any of his comics, not yet at least but I will one day . As a matter of fact , the only character I have shown interest in reading about under the Spider-Man code name is Peter Parker, since he is the original Spidey that started it all .

No comments:

Post a Comment