Translate

Thursday, May 26, 2016

WWE MATTEL - 1-2-3 Kid Review !!!

I'm sure many of you already know that the 1-2-3 Kid was X-Pac before X-Pac became X-Pac . I purchased this figure of him at a local Walgreens for around $ 19.99 . This 1-2-3 Kid figure is part of the Elite Flashback Collection . Even though this figure is known as the 1-2-3 Kid , I'm going to refer to him as X-Pac for the rest of this article for two reasons. One, mostly everyone knows him more as X-Pac anyway, since his 1-2-3 Kid gimmick was short lived . And two, constantly writing down 1-2-3 Kid can get tiresome because of all of the commas. After all , since 1-2-3 Kid and X-Pac are the same person, I'll just call him X-Pac . Different characters, same person .





There is some confusion about X-Pac's true height . When I googled his name his Wikipedia profile has him listed at 6"0 tall . However the back of the packaging above lists him at 6"1 . So who to believe ? Wikipedia or Mattel ? Even though it's only a one inch difference. Now let's have a look at the figure out of the packaging .


My only complaint about this figure is that I think he is just a tad bit a little too tall , other than that he is a cool figure . I feel that with 6" scaled figures, someone that is 6"0 or 6"1 in real life should be exactly 6 inches tall as a toy , so there can be a sense of realism added to the action figure . Therefore people who are 7 feet tall in real life should have a 7 inch figure of themselves and so on . As you can see X-Pac seems to be quite a bit above the six inch mark .
Speaking of X-Pac , there is an actual X-Pac figure that came out before this 1-2-3 Kid figure . Below is a comparison shot of the two figures. ( NOTE ) The X-Pac pic does NOT belong to me. I found it on the web .
As you can see, even though they are the same person , they are NOT the same action figure . Which is good in my opinion. Most toy companies, whenever they make a different variation of the same person / character , the two different variations usually share the same body / mold , but this is not the case with WWE Mattel figures . Not only are the faces different , notice how X-Pac's upper body is bigger than 1-2-3's upper body . This makes sense since X-Pac is the older version of himself .
I hope Mattel makes another X-Pac figure, because I passed on the one pictured above . And the reason why is - I do not like his tongue hanging out of his mouth . That ruined it for me . Imagine posing him in fight poses with another figure, yet his tongue is always out. Till this day I still do not want that X-Pac figure because of the tongue .
Now let's see how X-Pac , or should I say 1-2-3 Kid , looks with his D-Generation X buddies , Triple H and Shawn Michaels .

In the above pics, Pac is pictured with the only figure of Triple H that I have in my collection , along with the only version of Shawn Michaels that I have in my collection . Missing is Chyna, which has not been made yet. Since she was also an original member od D-Generation X , I hope there will be a WWE Mattel figure of her someday soon . Also notice that Kid comes with his only accessory, a tag team championship belt . Have a closer look at it below .
I just love how all of the championship belts shine when under good bright light . Rather they are silver colored or gold colored such as this one, they all look very impressive just like the real things .
                                                        FINAL  THOUGHTS


( 1 ) ARTICULATION - The Kid has the same basic excellent all around articulation that most WWE Elite Mattel figures have .


( 2 ) STANDING  ABILITY - Because he is very flat footed with thick boots, he stands very well with no balance issues .


( 3 ) WHAT  I  LIKE  BEST  ABOUT  THIS  FIGURE ? - Light blue is one of my favorite colors, so the color of his outfit is a plus . His long hair does not restrict head movement , and the championship belt is also a plus .


( 4 ) WHAT  I  LIKE  LEAST  ABOUT  THIS  FIGURE ? - My only complaint , which I mentioned earlier , is that I think that he is a tad bit too tall .


( 5 ) WHAT  COULD  HAVE  BEEN  DONE  TO  IMPROVE  THE  FIGURE ? - Shrink him down about half an inch .


( 6 ) GRADING  SCALE - Because of the issue I mentioned with the height , I will subtract a few points keeping him from getting a Perfect 10 . I always want my action figures to be in the exact same height scale as the real person or character they are representing . So I think a score of 9.8 is still pretty good.


( 7 ) FINAL  ANALYSIS - If you do not like the 1-2-3 Kid but love the X-Pac version of himself, you can always customize Kid into Pac . Keep in mind however that you'll only be able to transform his face and outfit into his X-Pac look, because as X-Pac his upper body , ( the chest and shoulders ) are bigger. So rather you prefer X-Pac or 1-2-3 Kid, it's great to have Sean Waltman ( his real name ) , in the line .

No comments:

Post a Comment