Translate

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Marvel Legends - Tombstone Review !!!

Tombstone is another one of those Marvel Legends I have been wanting a figure of since the Toybiz days. However it was his original look that I wanted a figure of, not this version. His original look is with a suit and tie . Even though this current figure is not the version of the character that I wanted, I'll settle for it anyway since it is the character's first time in the line. Finally having a Marvel Legend of Tombstone himself is good enough , even if it's not the version I craved. I purchased this figure of Tombstone at a local Walmart for around the $19.99 price range.



As you can see Tombstone is part of the wave that includes the Vulture's wings . This is the first time ever in Marvel Legends history where the Build-a-figure is an item or accessory instead of an actual person or being . Now for a look at Tombstone out of the packaging along with the build-a-piece accessory .






I love how detailed Tombstone's face is. I love that it has a realistic look as you can see wrinkles in his forehead, etc. if you look closely. Race wise he is supposed to be of Albino origin , as in the comics his skin is always colored white, but the toy here seems to have a little blue skin mixed in with lots of white. He is mainly a Spider-Man villain and is also adversaries with The Daily Bugle Newspaper editor Robbie Robertson . Although this " biker " look of Tombstone is not what I wanted, he looks like he's ready to ride a Harley Davidson rather than fight Spider-Man , he is still a pretty cool figure and I'm satisfied with it. The cuffs around Tombstone's wrists are movable, as also are the ones around his ankles . Also, if you look closely, I'm not sure if there is a mistake with the paint job but it looks like there is a stain on a tooth of his. I'm not bothered by it however just curious as to why it is there . Plus if Hasbro ever re-make the old school look of Luke Cage , I can possibly see the body of this Tombstone figure being re-used for an old school 1970's look Luke Cage. Speaking of looks, below is a pic of Tombstone's original look from the comics .
Above is the Tombstone that I wanted a Marvel Legend of, not this current version . Maybe someday. I hope someone from Hasbro sees this article an give it a thought . As I continue to mention, the version that exists now is cool, but I still want the original suit and tie look in Marvel Legend form .
                                                               FINAL   THOUGHTS 
(1) ARTICULATION - Excellent all around articulation . No limited points.

(2) STANDING  ABILITY - The figure stands well without balance issues once you get him in the proper stance .

(3) WHAT  I  LIKE  BEST  ABOUT  THIS  FIGURE ? - The facial sculpt is realistically detailed along with his hair and teeth. And the luxury of finally having one of my favorite Spider-Man villains in the collection .

(4) WHAT  I  LIKE  LEAST  ABOUT  THIS  FIGURE ? - I find no flaws with this figure however as I continue to mention the only disappointment is that it's NOT the original look I still crave for.

(5) WHAT  COULD  HAVE  BEEN  DONE  TO  IMPROVE  THE  FIGURE ? -  No improvements needed .

(6) GRADING  SCALE - A Perfect 10 as I could find no flaws .

(7) FINAL  ANALYSIS - Now that Tombstone is finally a Marvel Legend , I am hoping that a variant of his original suit and tie look is not far away. The new figure could use the same exact head from this one with a newly sculpted suit and tie body .

No comments:

Post a Comment