Translate

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Marvel Legends Infinite Series - Hobgoblin BAF Series - Spider-Man Review !!!

I was meaning to review this figure last month in July, however I have been fighting a virus on my computer and must do my activities in the ( Safe Mode ) version . What bugs me is that I can't use my printer/scanner in safe mode, so luckily I was able to scan the back of the packaging before the virus hit . Unlike other original Spider-Man Marvel Legends figures, this version comes with some cool extras . An extra half masked head , extra hands , and a slice of pizza . These alone are great selling points . I purchased this version of Spider-Man at a local Walmart for around $ 19.99 .



Even though many of us already have multiple Spider-Man figures , from both Toybiz and Hasbro, the extra goodies will make you want to purchase this figure anyway . Not only do you get the extras, but also a much needed leg piece for the Hobgoblin Build-a-Figure . Because Spidey has that extra flexibility with his body because of his powers, both of his shoulder blades can close in into his chest , just like a lot of the old Toybiz Spideys . This toy is still enjoyable even if you already have over a dozen Spider-Men . Now let's have a look at those extra goodies I mentioned earlier .

As you can see Spidey's extra hands are two closed fists, a web shooting hand and a wall crawling hand . So if you want to display Spidey as if he's shooting his webbing, you can do that . If you want to display him climbing, you can do that as well . The benefits of the extra hands allow for a variety of pose / display combinations . Also you can see that Spidey comes with one of the legs of this series build-a-figure Hobgoblin .
Now let's look at the extra half masked head. Below I'm comparing it to the normal masked head .

This look on Spider-Man is homage to a lot of comic book moments. Peter Parker pulled his mask up to his nose a lot in the comics. When he's talking on the phone while still in costume, eating, drinking and even kissing via the movie with Tobey Maguire . I'm sure this head brings back memories of that scene from the Spider-Man movie in 2002 of an upside down Tobey( Spidey ) kissing Kirsten Dunst 's Mary Jane in the rain . This head reminded me of that scene . Now for a comparison shot of Spidey to another figure from this series. Here he is next to Daredevil.
As many of us already know, Spidey is not as buff as most super heroes. He has always had a skinny muscular build and the above pic is good indication of that . I just feel like that the only gripe I have about this Spidey figure is that he is just a tad bit too tall. Just a little not much . Daredevil is listed by Marvel as an even 6 feet tall whereas Spidey is supposed to be 5"10 . Yet the two figures above look as if they are the same height . Now for a shot of Spidey with the slice of pepperoni pizza he came with.
Even the slice of pizza has elements of realism to it . The cheese is dripping and hanging on the sides, just like a real life slice of Pizza Hut or Papa John's .

                                               FINAL   THOUGHTS 

( 1 ) ARTICULATION - Excellent all around articulation.The inward moving shoulder blades give Spidey a couple of more points of articulation than any other normal Marvel Legend Hasbro figure.

( 2 ) STANDING ABILITY - Despite having skinny legs, Spidey stands just fine when you pose him correctly.

( 3 ) WHAT  I  LIKE  BEST  ABOUT  THIS  FIGURE ? The extra head, the extra hands, the slice of pizza, not to mention luxury of the multiple options of display the extra hands provide.

( 4 ) WHAT  I  LIKE  LEAST  ABOUT  THIS  FIGURE ? I just wish he was just a little bit shorter to match Peter Parker's true height from the comics .

( 5 ) WHAT  COULD  HAVE  BEEN  DONE  TO  IMPROVE  THE  FIGURE ? Shorten him just a litttle to match the true height of the character .

( 6 ) GRADING  SCALE - Despite my complaint of him being a little bit too tall for Peter Parker, I'm still giving this figure a Perfect Ten . I do not think the only flaw is enough to lower a point. We could just use our imagination and just pretend that he's wearing extra padding in his shoes to make himself look taller, lol .

( 7 ) FINAL  ANALYSIS - Before I purchased this particular Spider-Man figure, I was not even interested in the figure at all. And the reason being is because I like others, already own multiple Spider-Man figures. Before making the purchase I was only interested in the accessories and the Hobgoblin leg . However when I opened the package I was very pleased with this figure , even if I already have about a dozen versions of the character .

1 comment:

  1. COLEÇÃO DE BRINQUEDOS - BRINQUEDOS CLÁSSICOS, ANTIGOS E RAROS
    SÉRIES E DESENHOS DA TELEVISÃO

    http://meumundodebrinquedos.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete