Translate

Monday, September 28, 2015

Disney / Pixar Mr. Incredible Review !!!

I purchased this figure of Mr. Incredible at a local Target for around $19.99 . I have never had a figure of any of the Incredibles before . This is my first figure of any of them , plus this is NOT an old figure from 2004 , this is a modern Mr.Incredible figure that you can purchase in stores now, at the time of this writing . The name of this toy line however is not just directly aimed at the Incredibles . This is a toy line that has several of Disney / Pixar 's characters in this first wave , and Mr. Incredible happens to be one of them . Plus he is in the six inch scale, my favorite height scale for figures. The name of the toy company is Thinkway Toys , and you can visit their website at www.thinkwaytoys.com . I was going to review over one of the recent Marvel Legends I bought , however I'm not too sure if a lot of people know about this particular figure of Mr. Incredible . This is one of the few figures that I discovered in person , not over the internet . Before I went to Target recently , I knew nothing of this figure or toy line until I walked the aisle that it was in .


As you can see on the back of the packaging there are other characters from the Disney/Pixar franchise , along with Syndrome . The Target I bought Mr. Incredible from did not have Syndrome . I want him too, however if I can't find him in person than onto the Internet I go . Also as you can see, Mr. Incredible comes with a weapon called the " Omnidroid 10 Grappling Claw " . Below is a look at all of the accessories Mr. Incredible comes with .
The accessory at the top is the Omnidroid 10 Grappling Claw , and below are two pieces that combine to form a posing stand . Below are pics of Mr. Incredible displayed with the accessories .



Since the Omnidroid Claw was not featured in the movie, it is an accessory made strictly for the toy . When I first saw the weapon I thought of the villain character called the Underminer , the villain seen at the end of the movie after Syndrome is defeated . The claw looks like something that he may use but instead it belongs to Mr. Incredible. Now for some better looks at the figure itself .

This figure is a PERFECT LIKENESS of the character . It looks as if he jumped right out of the movie . Plus I'm glad that he is in the six inch scale . I love the bulkiness of the figure. He is fun to hold in your hands and pose . Since both of his fists are closed , you can display Mr. Incredible in a variety of power poses, such as punching people or objects . Below are comparison shots as I compare him to other six inch scaled figures .

Although not quite as tall as the Spider-Man figure , Mr. Incredible definitely is bulky just like he is in the movie. Plus we can see that he matches the body size of that He-Man variant .
                                                       
                                                           FINAL  THOUGHTS  
 (1) ARTICULATION - Arms move up and down and outward, plus they rotate . Elbows bend and rotate. Wrists rotate . Limited left-right head movement , no up and down head movement . Bends below the chest and slightly rotates. Up and down leg movement plus outward . Plus upper thighs rotate . Ankles bend and rotate. Nice all around articulation except for his head .

(2) STANDING  ABILITY - The larger upper body may make many think there is a top heaviness issue with the figure, there is but it is only temporary . This is when you first take him out of the package. You can eliminate the top heaviness by adjusting his legs and ankles to a proper stance. Once you do this he stands excellent with no balance issues.He really stands well on wooden surfaces.

(3) WHAT  I  LIKE  BEST  ABOUT  THIS  FIGURE ? - Perfect movie likeness . He is fun to hold in your hands and it's fun to display him in power poses .

(4) WHAT  I  LIKE  LEAST  ABOUT  THIS  FIGURE ? - There is nothing that I dislike about this figure .

(5) WHAT  COULD  HAVE  BEEN  DONE  TO  IMPROVE  THE  FIGURE ? Add up and down head articulation , however I am not bothered by the limited head movement .

(6) GRADING  SCALE - A PERFECT 10 !!! Despite the limited head movement, I still give this figure a perfect score since I already mentioned that the limited head movement does not bother me . If it did I would have lowered the score .

(7) FINAL  ANALYSIS - I'm glad to finally have an action figure of Mr. Incredible, or any of the Incredibles for that matter . Now bring on the rest of the family . Plus Frozone . I'm ready for them and if this company ever releases them all, I will definitely buy them all . If you are okay with collecting cartoonish looking figures, this Mr.Incredible figure makes a nice addition to your collection for the reasons mentioned above.


No comments:

Post a Comment