Translate

Monday, November 25, 2013

THE WALKING DEAD SERIES 4 - ANDREA

I purchased Andrea from the same Walgreens store that I purchased Carl Grimes from. Here's where the height scale becomes a problem. Since Carl Grimes is a kid anyway, I had no problem with the figure being small. A majority of the male Walking Dead figures around around exactly 5 inches tall. Almost perfect to pose next to 6" scaled figures. But when it comes to the female Walking Dead action figures, they stand at a slight shade over 4 inches. This is somewhat disappointing, the height of the female figures. I wish the female figures were slightly over 5 inches and the male figures be right at or near six inches. Other than the displeasure of the figure's height, I am pleased with Andrea.

Although the packaging makes notation that Andrea comes with three accessories, she actually comes with four. They are (1) a pitchfork , (2) a pistol , (3) a rifle , and (4) a vest . My favorite accessories of hers are her pitchfork and her vest. Especially the pitchfork, since it is such a rare accessory rarely seen with any action figure character. If you do not want to pose Andrea with the pitchfork , the only action figure I can think of off the top of my mind representing a farmer would be any WWE Hillbilly Jim action figure. Posing Andrea's pitchfork with him would be neat since he does represent a farmer.
I was not excited about her pistol or rifle at all, since guns come with soooo many action figures. Thousands if not millions of action figures throughout the history of toys come with some type of gun accessory. Vests on the other hand are nothing new either, but they are kind of rare just a little. Not too many action figures come with a removable vest. As you can see in the pics below, Andrea's pitchfork is almost as tall as herself.


As I mentioned earlier, although I rarely get excited over gun accessories , I do like them as far as how realistically detailed they are, and the fact that they provide various display options with action figures. As you can see you have the luxury of having Andrea hold her rifle with one or two hands, and having her pistol tucked inside her holster attached to her right upper thigh. However it will take a bit of work from you to try to pry her hands open to get her to hold the rifle. Good luck with that though, as you can see I just simply laid the rifle across both of her wrists when displaying her holding the gun two handed.

As you can see Andrea's vest is not packaged with her wearing it. You will have to place it on her after you remove her from the packaging. And it is not a simplified task. It's somewhat of a struggle getting it on her but you can do it the more effort you put into it. To put the vest on my Andrea figure, I simply raised both of her arms upwards in the air over her head. I then popped the head off. Struggled a bit to squeeze her arms together, putting the vest over her shoulders one sleeve at a time. Once I got the vest on, I popped her head back onto her body. I think she looks cooler with the vest on than she does without it, but I'll let you be the judge of that with the comparison pic below.
                                                             FINAL   THOUGHTS
(1) ARTICULATION - Other than the difficulty of placing her in a sitting pose, the articulation is nice and decent everywhere else. Mcfarlane Toys did a nice job of using ball riveted joints for smooth movement.
(2) STANDABILITY - In order to get Andrea to stand properly without falling, just lean both her back and her legs back just a little.
(3) WHAT I LIKE BEST ABOUT SERIES 4 ANDREA ? Nice facial sculpt, decent articulation , how cool she looks with her vest on. Also I like her vest and pitchfork .
(4) WHAT I LIKE LEAST ABOUT SERIES 4 ANDREA ? I wish she was just a tad bit taller.
(5) WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN DONE TO IMPROVE THIS FIGURE? Simplified sitting pose stances. More height.
(6) GRADING  SCALE - On a scale of 1 through 10 I give Series 4 Andrea an 8.5 . The minuses are for difficulty in displaying sitting poses and for my displeasure with the height of the figure. Still a great action figure though.
(7) FINAL  ANALYSIS - I love this figure. She is nicely sculpted and very well detailed with her blue eyes and the different color striations in her hair. If you look closely at her hair you can see streaks of brown strands mixed with blond. Very nice attention to detail by Mcfarlane Toys. Plus she comes with some nice accessories. If she was a little over 5 inches tall I probably would have given her a perfect 10 in my grading scale instead of an 8.5, as the height of the figure is really truly the only thing that bothers me about it. Other than that flaw she is a perfect action figure.
To purchase The Walking Dead Series 4 Andrea figure from Amazon.com , you may click here The Walking Dead Series 4 ANDREA action figure

No comments:

Post a Comment