Translate

Thursday, February 27, 2014

STAR WARS BLACK SERIES - Series Two Princess Leia ( Slave Outfit )

It comes to me as no surprise that this version of Princess Leia was made before her original version. Obviously many of us already know that this is probably the most popular version of her, as Jabba the Hut's slave. I purchased this figure at a local Target for around nineteen bucks. I noticed that comic book stores tend to sell these figures just a tad bit higher than retail . When viewing Leia in the packaging, she looks as if she may be the same height as Luke Skywalker . However that is not the case. I was surprisingly shocked at how short she is. Non the less I feel that this situation is a positive and not a negative. It shows us fans that Hasbro plans on staying true to character's / actor's height .




When I removed the Princess from the packaging , I was not disappointed in her lack of height , just shocked by it . The only disappointment for me was that I wish that the chain around her neck was a real chain, and not a plastic imitation .The skirt however is actual cloth, and not some foamy rubber plastic. I think that having her skirt be made out of actual cloth is very neat, almost giving us fans an idea of what the real skirt Leia actress Carrie Fisher wore for the film is like.  Leia is also the first female figure in this line. You can maneuver the chain around her neck to pose it any way you please . 

As you can see Leia is right at five inches high, almost below five inches, and she comes with two long range weapons. I can't make up my mind which weapon I like best, as I feel that they both are cool. Even cooler is the variety of fight poses that you can display Leia in . Both weapons look as if they are to be held with two hands, and that's exactly how I posed her with the weapons in the fight poses below. Just take a look at the variety of swinging poses you can display Leia in .




As you can see weapons that allow two handed poses allow for a great variety of display stances. As I mentioned earlier, I was not disappointed in Leia's height just surprised by it. I thought before I purchased her that she was going to be about the same height as Luke. However she's exactly at five inches where as Luke is slightly over five inches.
                                                    FINAL   THOUGHTS 
( 1 ) ARTICULATION - Just like the Marvel Legends Hasbro line, Princess Leia has no ab crunch just like the female figures from that line. Other than no ab crunch the articulation elsewhere is just fine. 
( 2 ) STANDING  ABILITY - There are no balance issues with this figure . 
( 3 ) WHAT  I  LIKE  BEST  ABOUT THIS FIGURE ? Her weapons and the overall look of the figure. Nice sculpt good resemblance to Carrie Fisher . 
( 4 ) WHAT  I  LIKE  LEAST  ABOUT THIS FIGURE ? I wish that the chain was actual metal instead of plastic . 
( 5 ) WHAT  COULD  HAVE  BEEN  DONE  TO IMPROVE THE FIGURE ? Give it a real metal chain instead of a plastic one. However I do understand the nature of the toy business, because a real mini chain would have probably raised the production costs of the figure. There for a cheaper alternative is used instead, plastic . 
( 6 ) GRADING  SCALE - On a scale of one to ten I give this figure a 9.5 . I would have given it a perfect ten if it had an ab crunch . Despite no ab crunch it's still a great figure.
( 7 ) FINAL  ANALYSIS - Even though this Star Wars Black series is a six inch scale line, Princess Leia is barely at five inches. But for those of you that do not have her, don't worry she still fits in well with six inch figures. She will not look out of place next to any other six inch figure because of this. Just take a look at the above pic and you'll see she does not look out of place. Hasbro staying true to people's height is a good example of making realistic figures. Not just in looks, but other physical attributes such as height,stature,etc. I think staying true to realism is what makes these figures amazing, not just Leia .I am glad to add this version of Princess Leia to my Star Wars Black six inch collection . 

2 comments:

  1. Not too bad of a action figure and am sure one that lots of folks will pick-up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they will too this version of Leia is extremely popular.

    ReplyDelete